North Marshall Middle School will be hosting their inaugural “K9 Walk for Warriors” on Saturday, May 13 at Mike Miller Park. All donations will go towards funding to train a PTSD service dog for a local veteran in need.
The mission of the walk is to promote community involvement in the students by providing them with a mission to serve. The students are sponsoring a community-wide fun walk for dogs and the people they love! ALL funds raised will be dedicated to training a PTSD Service Dog for a Veteran in need.
• 23 veterans take their own life every day in America because of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
• PTSD often prevents our local veterans from re-entering society and from living a full and productive life. In a very real sense, they have been left behind.
• It has been proven that the presence of a well-trained PTSD partner dog can alleviate symptoms, help veterans cope with their experiences, and SAVE LIVES!
• All of the proceeds will go to help our LOCAL veterans. They are our friends, our families, our community!
How Can I Participate? Walk with your Dog
• Walk 1 mile with your 4-legged friend ($25) Pre-registration. Maximum 6ft leash required.
Sponsor a Student
• Make a pledge for each mile a student walks. Students must earn $50 to earn community service credit. If they raise $100 they get to walk in the dog walk for free.
Make a Donation.
Flat donations are also accepted.
Become a Corporate Sponsor
Platinum: $250 Top spot on T-shirt with your LOGO
Gold: $100 Middle section of our T-shirt medium font
Silver: $50 Lower section of T-shirt in smaller font
Volunteer to help
There will be a need for lots of help, so email to set up a time!
For Questions or to Sponsor a Student contact email@example.com (270) 395- 7108.