Please note that links to Marshall County School District, school pages and also Livingston County Schools can be found at bottom of this page.
MCHS SBDM Council The Marshall County High School SBDM council is accepting nominations for parent members for the 2017-2018 school year March 30th through April 12th. You may call the school office at 270-527-1453 and speak to the principal, Mrs. Amy Waggoner or the SBDM secretary, Susan Odom, to nominate a parent for next year’s council. The election will be on April 17th 2017. Parents can vote in the main office during the hours of 8:00 and 3:30 on April 17th. Votes can also be cast at the Lady Marshal Softball gate beginning at 3:45 until 7:15.
2017-2018 Marshall County Preschool/Head Start/Early Head Start Registrations
Marshall County Preschool/Head Start/Early Head Start is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Registrations are being held April 18th-April 20th by appointment only at the Preschool/ Head Start office located at 905 Joe Creason Drive in Benton. Parents should contact the Marshall County Preschool/Head Start Office at (270)527-2830 to schedule registration and screening appointments.
To register for preschool, children must be Marshall County residents and age 3 or 4 by August 1st. Eligibility is based upon federal income guidelines or developmental delay or disability. Preschool developmental screenings will be held by appointment only at Benton First Methodist Church on March 31st.
Early Head Start is a home-based option for pregnant moms and children up to the age of 3 which provides child development education and family support. Families must meet income guidelines to qualify.
At time of registration, parents must bring:
– child’s certified birth certificate
– proof of all 2016 household income: 1040 tax return or all 2016 W-2s, child support, K-Tap, Social
– Security, SSI and school grant/scholarships
– child’s medical insurance card
-custody papers, if applicable
Head Start staff can assist families to understand and access transportation options in order to participate in Head Start program activities.
Now is the time to register for Kindergarten for all children who will be five by August 1, 2017.
* Benton Elementary – “Ready, Set, Go Nights” are Monday, February 13, 5:30 – 7:30, Monday, April 10, 5:30 – 7:30, 3rd date TBA in late July /early August
* Calvert City Elementary – Wildcat Night – 3/21/17 – 4:30 to 6:00 and 4/28/17 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM
* Central Elementary – 07/31/17 – kindergarten jumpstart from 8:00-11:00 AM
* Jonathan Elementary – 03/14/17 – 2nd kindergarten transition event from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
* Sharpe Elementary – 2/16/17 – first of 3 kindergarten jumpstart nights from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
*South Marshall Elementary – 05/18/17 – Kindergarten jumpstart from 4:30 – 6:00
See more at: http://www.marshall.kyschools.us/News
NOTICE: Parents and Students,
Any student attending an extracurricular event at one of the Marshall County Schools must be picked up within 30 minutes of the event’s conclusion. All students must stay in the designated/supervised area of the event. Example: if you are at the football game you must stay inside the gates until you are ready to depart the campus. We appreciate all our student fans, and need your help in keeping our students safe.
Fine Arts Focus Series
Marshall County High School Fine Arts Department is pleased to announce the creation of the Fine Arts Focus (FAF) Series, which will highlight different students, ensembles and organizations from throughout MCHS as well as the Marshall County School District. The events in the FAF Series are:
- Music in Our Schools’ Month Concert – Sunday, March 12; 2:00p
- A concert showcasing various instrumental and vocal ensembles from across the MC School District
- Marshall County’s Got Talent – Thursday, April 27; 6:30p
A showcase of talent from each one of the MC Schools
Admission to each event is $5. Children under 7 are free. Season passes can be bought for $25. The purchase of a season pass also grants you admission to the Opening Night of the Spring Production. The funds raised will be used to help fund scholarships and programs for Fine Arts students. For more information about the Fine Arts Focus Series, contact Joel Roberts at 270-527-1453 or email@example.com
Information on School Lunch and Breakfast Programs
Marshall County School District shares info on School Lunch and Breakfast Programs. Click here to read important information.
School District websites:
**Individual schools may be accessed from the following pages.